2019-2020 Mohonasen Budget Development
New York State Gov. Andrew Cuomo presented a state budget proposal on Jan. 15 that includes a $956 million school aid increase for 2019-20. Under the governor’s proposal, total school aid would be $27.7 billion, which represents a statewide increase of 3.6 percent. For Mohonasen, the governor has proposed a 0.59 percent or $80,458 increase in Foundation Aid over the 2018-19 adopted legislative budget. Total Foundation Aid for 2019-20 under this Executive Budget proposal would be $13,681,549. View Full Story
2019-2020 Budget Development Schedule
- Dec. 3, 2018: Multi-Year Financial Plan presented to the Board of Education. Download the full Multi-year Financial Plan presentation.
- Dec. 17: Budget calendar review at BOE meeting
- Jan. 7-25, 2019: Pre-budget meetings with principals and directors
- Jan. 11, 2019: Teacher forms/requests due to administrators
- Jan. 14, 2019: Rollover budget overview at BOE meeting. Download the full Rollover Budget presentation.
- Jan. 28, 2019: Budget update- state budget at BOE meeting
- Feb. 5, 2019: OPEN/general updates as needed at BOE meeting
- BOE petitions available
- Feb. 6, 2019: Budget information due to assistant superintendent for business (principals, directors meet and review budget with District Office Feb. 11-15)
- Feb. 25, 2019: Budget review- tax levy, debt service, bus proposition at BOE meeting
- March 1, 2019: Tax levy limit calculation due to comptroller and state Education Department
- March 11, 2019: Budget review- BOCES, employee benefits, general support (operations and maintenance, transportation) at BOE meeting
- March 25, 2019: Budget review- instruction, revenue and budget recap
- Adoption of special propositions for budget in order to be published in Notice of Annual Meeting on 4/5, 4/19, 5/3, 5/17 (At least four times, forty-five days prior to budget vote)
- April 8, 2019: Budget adoption (state deadline April 26)
- April 9, 2019: Deadline to submit Property Tax Report Card to the state Education Department (due 24 hours after budget adoption)
- April 17, 2019: BOCES budget vote at BOE meeting
- April 22, 2019: Last day for submission of petitions for BOE candidates to be placed on the ballot
- May 6, 2019: Budget document an notice postcard made available to public (at least 14 days prior to vote and seven days prior to Budget Hearing)
- May 13, 2019: Board of Education regular meeting at 7 p.m.
- Budget Hearing and Meet the Candidates night at 6 p.m.
- May 14, 2019: Budget Notice to qualified voters of school district mailed
- May 21, 2019: Uniform Budget Vote Day, district annual meeting and election, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., High School gym
- June 3, 2019: Board of Education meeting, acceptance of results of election of May 21
2018-2019 Adopted Budget: $53,065,000
Spending increase: 4.17 percent
Tax Levy increase: 3.21 percent
Proposition approved: $470,000 to purchase three full-size, 72-passenger buses and three 33-passenger buses.
Board members elected: Patrick Ryan, Pamela Young and Wade Abbott
General Budget Issues & Fact Sheets
Click on the links below to learn more about the major budget issues affecting our schools.
If you have any trouble accessing the documents linked from this page, please contact the Communications Office at (518) 356-8250. The FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded here.