2019-2020 Mohonasen Budget Development
The Mohonasen Board of Education on Monday, April 8 approved a proposed $54.35 million budget for the 2019-20 school year. The proposed budget, which will go before residents during a public vote on Tuesday, May 21, eliminates 21 full-time equivalent positions and keeps the tax levy increase at the state cap. Read more about the adopted budget.
2019-2020 Budget Development Schedule
- Dec. 3, 2018: Multi-Year Financial Plan presented to the Board of Education. Download the full Multi-year Financial Plan presentation.
- Dec. 17: Budget calendar review at BOE meeting
- Jan. 7-25, 2019: Pre-budget meetings with principals and directors
- Jan. 11, 2019: Teacher forms/requests due to administrators
- Jan. 14, 2019: Rollover budget overview at BOE meeting.
- Jan. 28, 2019: Budget update- state budget at BOE meeting
- Feb. 5, 2019: OPEN/general updates as needed at BOE meeting
- BOE petitions available
- Feb. 6, 2019: Budget information due to assistant superintendent for business (principals, directors meet and review budget with District Office Feb. 11-15)
- Feb. 25, 2019: Budget review- tax levy, debt service, bus proposition at BOE meeting. Download this full budget review presentation
- March 1, 2019: Tax levy limit calculation due to comptroller and state Education Department
- March 11, 2019: Budget review- BOCES, employee benefits, general support (operations and maintenance, transportation) at BOE meeting
- March 25, 2019: Budget review- instruction, revenue and budget recap. March 25 2019 Budget Presentation – Instruction and Revenue
- Adoption of special propositions for budget in order to be published in Notice of Annual Meeting on 4/5, 4/19, 5/3, 5/17 (At least four times, forty-five days prior to budget vote)
- Gazette coverage
- April 1, 2019: Special meeting (specific personnel matters) Read an update regarding music staffing and retirements.
- April 8, 2019: Budget adoption. Downloadable presentation
- April 9, 2019: Deadline to submit Property Tax Report Card to the state Education Department (due 24 hours after budget adoption)
- April 17, 2019: BOCES budget vote at BOE meeting
- April 22, 2019: Last day for submission of petitions for BOE candidates to be placed on the ballot
- May 6, 2019: Budget document an notice postcard made available to public (at least 14 days prior to vote and seven days prior to Budget Hearing)
- May 13, 2019: Board of Education regular meeting at 7 p.m.
- Budget Hearing and Meet the Candidates night at 6 p.m.
- May 14, 2019: Budget Notice to qualified voters of school district mailed
- May 21, 2019: Uniform Budget Vote Day, district annual meeting and election, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., High School gym
- June 3, 2019: Board of Education meeting, acceptance of results of election of May 21
2018-2019 Adopted Budget: $53,065,000
Spending increase: 4.17 percent
Tax Levy increase: 3.21 percent
Proposition approved: $470,000 to purchase three full-size, 72-passenger buses and three 33-passenger buses.
Board members elected: Patrick Ryan, Pamela Young and Wade Abbott