View information and up-to-date schedules for Mohonasen’s athletic teams at http://www.mohonasencsd.rschoolteams.com/
Mohonasen Central School District now offers Family ID for online registration for athletic teams. Click the button to register for teams and upload required medical forms. View registration instructions at www.mohonasen.org/familyID.
Participation in school sports teaches students some of life’s most valuable lessons… like how to dig deep to give your best for the team, overcome obstacles, and show grace in the face of both victory and defeat. It is our belief that interscholastic athletics provide students with a model of life itself: opportunities exist for lessons in responsibility, fair play, cooperation, concerns for others, leadership, respect for authority, good citizenship, loyalty, continuous learning experiences, health and wellness, and acceptance of the differences among individuals. Accordingly, the district offers students opportunities to participate in nearly 20 sports across three seasons. The district’s athletic program is governed by the rules and regulations of the New York State Department of Education, the New York State Scholastic Public High School Athletic Association, Section II, and the Suburban Council.
Mohonasen athletes are expected to work hard, respect their opponents, maintain self control and always respect the decision of game officials. The athletic Code of Conduct stresses that participation in interscholastic athletics is a privilege — not a right. Just as there are standards for behavior in the classroom, there are also standards for behavior on and off the playing field. At the same time, Mohonasen has a Code of Conduct for Spectators, too. And this applies to fans of all ages.
Important Athletics Dates
Fall season 2020
Due to COVID-19 NYSPHSAA has announced their current plan to delay the start of the fall sports season. Changes have been made to our list of important dates to reflect the postponement. New dates are listed below:
- Monday, August 24, 2020- FamilyID.com registration will open for High School and Modified Sports
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020 @ 12:00 PM – APP/Modified Physicals in the Draper Nurse’s Office
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020 @ 2:15 PM – Sports Physicals for All Spring Sports 9-12 in the High School Nurse’s Office
- Wednesday, September 16, 2020 @ 2:20 PM – Spring APP Physical Fitness Test (invitation only) in the High School Gymnasium
- Monday, September 21, 2020 – First Day of High School and Modified Fall Sports