View information and up-to-date schedules for Mohonasen’s athletic teams at http://www.mohonasencsd.rschoolteams.com/
Mohonasen Central School District now offers Family ID for online registration for athletic teams. Click the button to register for teams and upload required medical forms. View registration instructions at www.mohonasen.org/familyID.
Participation in school sports teaches students some of life’s most valuable lessons… like how to dig deep to give your best for the team, overcome obstacles, and show grace in the face of both victory and defeat. It is our belief that interscholastic athletics provide students with a model of life itself: opportunities exist for lessons in responsibility, fair play, cooperation, concerns for others, leadership, respect for authority, good citizenship, loyalty, continuous learning experiences, health and wellness, and acceptance of the differences among individuals. Accordingly, the district offers students opportunities to participate in nearly 20 sports across three seasons. The district’s athletic program is governed by the rules and regulations of the New York State Department of Education, the New York State Scholastic Public High School Athletic Association, Section II, and the Suburban Council.
Mohonasen athletes are expected to work hard, respect their opponents, maintain self control and always respect the decision of game officials. The athletic Code of Conduct stresses that participation in interscholastic athletics is a privilege — not a right. Just as there are standards for behavior in the classroom, there are also standards for behavior on and off the playing field. At the same time, Mohonasen has a Code of Conduct for Spectators, too. And this applies to fans of all ages.
Important Athletics Dates
Spring season 2019
- Monday, February 4, 2019– FamilyID.com registration will open for High School Sports
- Monday, February 11, 2019– FamilyID.com registration will open for all Modified Sports
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 @ 2 p.m. Sports Physicals for All Spring Sports 7-12 and APP Athletes
- Thursday, February 28th @ 3 p.m.– Spring APP Physical Fitness Test (invitation only) in the High School Gymnasium
- Thursday, February 28th @ 6:30 p.m.- “Meet the Coaches Night” in the High School LGI. Parents/Guardians will have the opportunity to meet their child’s coach and hear important information from the Mohonasen Athletic Director.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 – First Day of High School Spring Sports
- Monday, March 11, 2019 – First Day of Spring Modified Sports