Mohonasen Central School District seeks nominations for the Athletic Hall of Fame Program annually. Any individual can nominate a potential candidate by completing a Hall of Fame nomination application. Download an application here or pick one up in the Mohonasen High School in the athletic office. Through nomination and committee selection, the Athletic Hall of Fame recognizes individuals who fall under any of the following three categories:
- Athletes – Individuals that were athletes at Mohonasen or Draper High School
- Coaches – Individuals who have made a significant and extraordinary contribution to the Mohonasen or Draper Central School District
- Honorary – An honorary candidate must have made a significant impact on Mohonasen/Draper athletics and/or on sectional, regional, state, national, professional, administration or international level of athletics. The honorary category may include but not be limited to counselors, faculty managers, scoreboard/book operators, media, administrators, as well as local community supporters.
- Athletes will become eligible five years after graduation and coaches five years after retirement from coaching. The same time frame will be used for honorary members.
- The nominee must have made an outstanding contribution to his or her sport. Typically this would be attaining All County or All State honors, all-time leading scorers, winning sectional/state championships, etc.
- A member must continue to be a positive role model or they may be removed from the Hall of Fame.
Inductees will be chosen by the Mohonasen Central School District Hall of Fame Committee which is compromised of former coaches, administrators, current coaches, community members and the Director of Athletics.
The Hall of Fame was established in order to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of outstanding athletes, coaches, administrators and supporters. Through recognition, those individuals and their families will be reconnected with Mohonasen/Draper providing current student athletes with a deeper understanding and appreciation for the history of the athletic programs. Honorees selected for the Athletic Hall of Fame will be recognized annually at our Kirvin Cup Basketball Tournament.