All Mohonasen students will be able to receive a free school breakfast and a free school lunch each day starting on Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
This is a result of the United States Department of Agriculture expanding access to the Federal Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). CEP allows eligible schools participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program to offer school meals at no charge to all students.
There are a few details to be aware of regarding this program:
- The program allows for one school breakfast and one school lunch per student daily.
- If students would like additional meals and/or snacks they will still need to be purchased by the student.
- No action is needed to be eligible for the free meals
- Students will still need to scan their cards or use their PIN numbers when they go through the line as this will be used as documentation for the amount of meals served.
- Money left in student accounts may be used for ala carte and snack sales, or you can contact the food service department for a refund.
- Free meals will run for the remainder of the 2023-24 school year. It is unclear whether the free meals will be available next school year.
- The free meals are for students only. Faculty and staff must still purchase their meals.
We expect to need additional substitute food service helper substitutes. If you are interested in applying for a substitute position please visit our website. We often hire permanent food service helpers from our list of substitutes.