Pinewood Mission Statement
Mohonasen has PLANS for our students! Our mission is to ensure that students reach their Potential to Learn in an Academically rich, Nurturing and Safe environment.
Mohonasen Central School District will be widely recognized as an exemplary school district, enthusiastically educating mind, body and character. Families, visitors and community members will experience an environment of respect and care surrounding each personal interaction. They will discover a culture of excellence permeating every program. Mohonasen will be a model of safe, effective and well-rounded educational community in a diverse suburban setting.
We believe that in order to attain our mission and vision, we, as adults have the responsibility to do “Whatever it Takes” in order to ensure the success of every child.
Code of Conduct
School begins at 8:20 a.m. each morning. Students who arrive after 8:40 a.m. will be considered legally tardy and must be signed in by a parent/guardian and have a note. Please note that we now have an automatic attendance system that will contact you if your child is absent from school. Students enter the building through the main entrance. For safety reasons, parents may not drop off their children prior to 8:05 a.m. as there is no supervision for them. Parents are encouraged to get their child off to a good start each school day and make every effort to have him/her to school on time.
Students will board the buses as they arrive, which should be by 2:50 p.m. Please be aware that due to safety concerns, we can no longer make changes to usual busing arrangements except for emergencies which will require building principal approval. Any parent who wishes to pick up their child must sign him/her out at the security desk prior to 2:30 p.m. After 2:30 p.m., all student pickups will be done at the Grade 3 entrance after the students have been dismissed from the hallway. Photo identification is required. Please remain in your car and students will come directly to you. Any parent who needs to pick up their child during the school day must send in a note that morning.
Our expectations for third graders focus on helping them become independent and responsible learners as well as teaching them how to make healthy choices.
- Write neatly and full name & date on all work
- Listen & read carefully to follow multi-step directions
- Learn to take notes during lessons (ex. Science/ELA/SS/Math)
- Use textbooks
- Work independently for longer blocks of time
- Increase sustained silent reading time to 30 minutes
- Participate in longer lessons (range: 45 minutes – 90 minutes)
- Write down daily homework assignments in the Assignment Planner at school
- Complete daily homework tasks in both Math & ELA
- Parent Signature required in Assignment Planner each night after all homework tasks are completed
Please note that:
- More structured school day in 3rd grade–less transition time
- Working Snack block (vs “recess snack” as in primary grades)
Click here to access the Pinewood Intermediate Parent Handbook.