Parents and community members can receive e-mail, texts and phone calls through SchoolMessenger
The district utilizes a communications system known as SchoolMessenger to provide parents and community members with important announcements and timely alerts. There are alerts for general district news, weather-related closings, School Board news, Continuing Education, athletics and more.
Parents are connected to the system through the SchoolTool, while community members need to sign-up to receive messages.
Additional Information for Parents
Parents, if your contact information is updated in SchoolTool, you will be registered to receive emails. For texts, you should have received an automated message to which you had to respond “Y” to opt-in. You can check to see if you are registered by, again, responding “Y” to 67587.
If you think your contact information is out of date, email Student Name, Student Grade, Primary Contact #1, Email, Home Phone, Cell Phone, Primary Contact #2, Email, Home Phone, Cell Phone to email@example.com.
School Messenger syncs with SchoolTool on a daily basis so once SchoolTool is updated, it will take less than 24 hours for your number to be updated by SchoolMessenger.
Information and Sign-up Instructions for Community Members
We encourage community members to sign-up to receive messages from the district! If you do not currently have children in Mohonasen Schools, you will need to go through the registration process below.
School Messenger Sign-up Process
You can create an account by clicking on the School Messenger link on this website:
Once there, follow these steps:
- Select the link that says “First Time User? Sign-Up Now.” Fill in the form to create an account.
- You will receive an e-mail with instructions and a link to activate the account.
- Once you have activated your account, you will be brought to a screen with the heading “Notification Preferences.”
- To receive texts, click “Add More” under your e-mail address in the “Contact Area.” Select “SMS text” and enter the number of your phone that is equipped to receive text messages. The system will guide you through the steps, including making a confirmation phone call. Note: As part of step #4, you can also choose to receive phone calls that are sent out by the district. The school district does not routinely use phone calls. Snow day alerts will go out via text and e-mail only.
- You do not need to sign up for texts or phone calls. These are optional.
- If you do sign up with a phone number, once you have completed the phone confirmation call, click “Done.” You will be brought to a screen that displays your contact and notification preferences.
- Hold on to your username and password in a secure manner so that you can log back into the system in case you need to change your notifications or contact information at any time.