main content starts hereRegistration

The Mohonasen Central School District has a two-step process for registering.

  1. The first step is through the Central Registration Office to show proofs of residency, proof of age and other mandatory student information.
  2. After you complete the process at the Central Registration Office, you have a second step, which is to make an appointment at your child’s school to fill out other information relating specifically to that school. 

Find out how to register your child.

Learn about kindergarten registration.

Special Circumstances

Students who fit any of the following categories must also contact our registration office at 518.356.8222 to complete the registration process.

  • Parent Home Schooled – Even if you choose to exercise your Federal rights to home school your children in the Mohonasen Central School District, you must register your child with the district. Find out more about home schooling. Please contact Laurel Logan-King with any further questions at 518.356.8205 or by email at
  • Preschool Special Education – If you reside in the Mohonasen Central School District and your preschooler is identified by the Committee on Preschool Special Education, you must register your child with the district so that approved services can be paid for.
  • Placement in Private or Parochial Schools – Even if your child will be attending a private or parochial school setting, you must register your child with the district. Any services, such as transportation, can not be provided without proof of residency in the district. Transportation requests for private or parochial placements must be completed by April 1 of any given year and returned to the district office.

Other Information

  • Preschool-Aged Children – If you have a child of preschool age that lives in the Mohonasen Central School District, please complete the Preschool Census Form and mail it to Mrs. Alma DiCocco at Bradt Elementary School, 2719 Hamburg St., Schenectady, NY 12303.
  • Change of Address – Any change of address must be verified with District Office Registrar in order to maintain eligibility for attendance at Mohonasen. You must provide three proofs of residency in order to verify the change.
  • Transportation Changes – Any changes in transportation arrangements should be directed toward the Central Office Registrar. Transportation changes can not be made without also verifying residency at the new address.
  • McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act – The Mohonasen Central School District is dedicated to helping ensure our students’ education is not disrupted due to loss of housing, economic hardship or disaster. If you have concerns regarding homelessness, contact the district’s Homeless Liason, Christopher Ruberti at 518.356.8210 or by e-mail at
  • Tuition reimbursement for falsified information – Everyone is asked to sign a statement at the end of the New Student Registration Form. Should it be determined that misinformation was provided for the purpose of attending the Mohonasen Central Schools, you may be billed for reimbursement of tuition and/or be excluded for attending the Mohonasen Central Schools. Be sure to provide accurate and truthful information.