The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/MNSQT) will only be offered in a digital format this year. Student information guides are available here and share what to expect. Students must bring their fully charged Chromebooks with them to sit for the test.
There will be two exam dates. One for Sophomores in Algebra 2 or Algebra 2 with lab and another for Juniors. The dates are listed below. Registration deadlines are different and NO late registrations will be accepted.
Registration for the 2023 PSAT/NMSQT will open on August 30, 2023 Registration is offered through FamilyID, the program you have used to do Mohonasen Chromebook registration and/or athletic program registration. The PSAT is a great primer for the SAT, and even the ACT, but it’s more than just a trial run. PSAT scores are used to identify National Merit Scholars and award merit scholarships. More than 3.4 million high school students (mostly juniors and sophomores) take this nationwide, multiple-choice test every year. Each year we invite all juniors as well as sophomores enrolled in Regents Algebra 2 or Algebra 2 with lab to take the PSAT.
Even if you took the exam as a sophomore, you must take the exam your junior year to qualify for a National Merit Scholarship. You cannot qualify for a National Merit Scholarship as a sophomore.
- The fee for the PSAT is $18.00.
- The exam for Sophomores will be given on Thursday, October 12, 2023 and is for Sophomores in Algebra 2 or Algebra 2 with lab.
For sophomores, the deadline to register is Monday, September 25 or until 50 test slots are taken.
- There will be a MANDATORY technology check meeting with the counselors in the LGI on 9/26/2023 at 2:15pm. If you do not attend this meeting you will not be allowed to sit for the exam. Please bring your charged Chromebook to this meeting.
- The test will take place 10/12/2023 from 7:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the HS gym
- The exam for Juniors will be given on Wednesday, October 25, 2023 for Juniors only.
For juniors, the deadline to register is Friday, October 6, or until 115 test slots are taken.
- There will be a MANDATORY technology check meeting with the counselors in the LGI on Tuesday, October 10 at 2:15 p.m. If you do not attend this meeting you will not be allowed to sit for the exam. Please bring your charged chromebook with you to this meeting.
- The test will take place on Wednesday, October 25, 2023 from 7:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the HS gym
- The exam will be digital please be sure to have your fully charged chromebook with you the day of the test.
- Students will be required to make up any classwork missed that day
- Scores will be available before Christmas on the College Board website with score report info.
- Please make sure you are picking the correct date for the PSAT that you should be taking.
The registration process is open through the deadlines above. Please make every effort to register as soon as possible for the PSAT exam.
A parent/guardian, along with their child, should register by going to this link:
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, go to the link provided above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. If you already have a FamilyID account, click Log In. Use the email address and password you created previously (do not create a new account).
- If you need to create an account, follow steps 4 through 6. If you have an account, skip to step 7.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), Email address and password. Select I Agree to the Family ID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your Email filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation Email, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Pay & Submit button
- On the next screen, click on Proceed to Payment to be directed to the payment processor, Stripe.
- In Stripe, you may use a credit or debit card to process your payment. Input the cardholder’s full name, the card number, expiration date and CVC code.
- After you click Pay, you will receive a completion email from the payment processor confirming your payment and an email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
- If you are paying with a check or money order, they must be payable to “Mohonasen High School” and “PSAT 2023” must be written in the memo portion of the document. Submit this to Mrs. Hosmer in the MHS Counseling and Career Center.
- If you are a JUNIOR eligible for free or reduced lunch, check the appropriate box in your order. The fee waiver, unfortunately, is not available for sophomores taking the PSAT.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the ‘Registration’ tab on the blue bar.
Should you have any questions regarding registration, feel free to contact the Counseling and Career Center at (518) 356-8322 or email Mrs. Hosmer at email@example.com. Your prompt attention ensures a smooth registration process for you and your child.
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-800-5583 x1.
- Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.