On this date, July 1, 2019, it is hereby agreed by and between the Board of Education of the Rotterdam-Mohonasen Central School District and Christopher Ruberti, residing at 28 Cloverfield Drive, Albany, New York 12211 as follows:
The term of appointment and employment of Mr. Ruberti is controlled by and subject to the New York State Education Law and the Rules and Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, and is not established by this Agreement or the District’s resolution. No rights as to term of employment are conferred by this Agreement except those conferred by statute. During the term of his employment Mr. Ruberti is subject to in accordance to the Education Law and the Rules and Regulations of the Commissioner of Education.
Term of Agreement
The term of this agreement is from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2024. It shall be reviewed and revised, upon agreement between the parties, no later than June 30, 2024; except as otherwise provided here, in no event shall salary or benefits be diminished without the express written consent of Mr. Ruberti.
Salary and Compensation
- Provided he remains employed by the District as the Assistant Superintendent for Business for the District he shall be paid an annual salary, starting with a base salary of $125,000 from 2018-19 as follows:Each year of the contract Mr. Ruberti will have an increase of 1% plus the Allowable Levy Growth Factor, provided by New York State, which is used in the Tax Levy Limit Calculation that corresponds to the contract year. For example, for Mr. Ruberti’s 2019-20 contract the Allowable Levy Growth Factor used will be the one that is used for the 2019-20 Tax Levy Limit Calculation. The minimum amount of the Allowable Levy Growth Factor is 0% and the maximum is 2%. This means that the annual increase in Mr. Ruberti’s salary will be between 1% and 3%.
- The District shall contribute $1,500, annually, towards a tax sheltered annuity payable on or about June 30th, provided Mr. Ruberti remains employed on that date.
- Mr. Ruberti shall be eligible for payment by the District for up to $1000 towards professional dues and/or any materials or technology which facilitate efficiency, and effectiveness in his position. Accordingly, the Superintendent of Schools, has the authority to approve expenditures that would be deemed appropriate in terms of enhancing professional growth.
Mr. Ruberti’s work year shall be twelve (12) months, less any vacation and holidays as provided herein.
On July 1, 2019, Mr. Ruberti will receive twenty-one (25) vacation days. He will earn an additional two (2) days of vacation for every 5 years of continuous service (eligible for two (2) more days on July 1, 2022). The Superintendent must approve vacation days to be taken, in advance of such vacation, upon at least seven (7) day notice.
Mr. Ruberti may carry over up to a maximum of twelve (12) and may sell back up to six (6) additional unused days, provided that no more than a total of 18 days can be sold back / rolled over per year and Mr. Ruberti can never have more days accumulated than the current year’s allotment + 12 days (i.e., no more than 37 days in 2019-20). Days will be paid out at his then current daily rate (calculated as 1/240th of the annual salary at the time the days were credited), with said compensation being remitted by July 31, upon reconciliation of absences and leaves. Any vacation days remaining (i.e., in excess of eighteen (18) for 2019-20) at the end of any school year shall be lost.
Vacation shall be prorated for any year that Mr. Ruberti is not employed for a full school year.
Upon his resignation or retirement from the Mohonasen School District, Mr. Ruberti will receive a payment of 1/240th of his then current rate of pay for all his unused vacation days carried forward from the preceding year plus the current years allotment; except that for any year that Mr. Ruberti does not work a full year, the vacation days credited, for purposes of accumulation and this payout, shall be prorated (at the rate of 1/12 of his then current number of days per month) for each month worked.
Mr. Ruberti, shall receive the following 13 paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Veterans Day, Labor Day, President’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Columbus Day, Good Friday, Day after Thanksgiving, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, July 4th, Christmas Day.
*If Christmas Eve falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the Assistant Superintendent will receive the alternate day assigned by the district as a paid holiday. This day will be determined by the District and will be scheduled during the Christmas recess. Where a paid holiday falls on a weekend, the Assistant Superintendent shall have Friday off if the holiday falls on a Saturday and Monday off if the holiday falls on Sunday. Any variation concerning the above holidays in accordance with the school calendar will be discussed with the Superintendent.
Mr. Ruberti shall report to work on any day school is closed for an emergency (i.e., snow days); however, Mr. Ruberti is entitled to request not to report to work on two declared snow days in each school year, in order to work from home. The Superintendent will be notified of this on the morning of said snow day. Should there be a need for Mr. Ruberti to report on a snow day, it shall be within the authority of the Superintendent to require this. If zero (0) or one (1) snow day is used then the Friday before Memorial Day weekend may be used as a work from home day upon the approval of the Superintendent or designee.
- Health Insurance: Mr. Ruberti is eligible for the same health, dental and prescription insurance coverage options that are offered to members of the Mohonasen Administrators’ Association contract with all applicable agreed upon co-pays which are as follows:
- Mr. Ruberti shall have the option of participating in the Capital District Physicians Health Plan, the Mohawk Valley Physicians Plan or Blue Shield PPO (“Secure Blue”). If Mr. Ruberti elects to participate in either the Capital District Physicians Health Plan, the Mohawk Valley Physicians Plan, or Secure Blue the School District will contribute 80% of the premium cost for individual, family or two-person coverage.
- A prescription drug plan will be administered by a third-party administrator to be determined by the district, consistent with the following: a) the prescription drug co-pay will be $5 generic, $20 formulary, and $35 non-formulary. Mail order co-pays will be $10 generic, $40 formulary and $70 non-formulary (two co-pays for three prescriptions/three month supply).
- Except as required by the Family and Medical Leave Act, when Mr. Ruberti is on a leave of absence, without pay, she may continue such insurance by paying both the District and the employee contribution plus a two (2%) percent administrative cost through the District office.
- The District provides a Flexible Benefit IRS Section 125 Cafeteria Plan. An employee participating in a health insurance plan provided by the District will have his/her premium contribution deducted on a pre-tax basis unless the employee notifies the District in writing that he/she wants to be excluded. An employee may participate in a flexible Benefit IRS Section 125 plan for purposes of un-reimbursed medical expenses. An employee may participate in a flexible benefit IRS Section 125 plan for purposes of child and dependent care.
- Mr. Ruberti shall be eligible for Dental Insurance, through a plan chosen by the District, in accordance with the following contribution rates. The District shall pay:Individual plan – 70% of cost
Two Person or Family – 60% of the cost
- Additional changes in the health insurance program as negotiated in future Mohonasen Administrators’ Association contracts will be applied to Mr. Ruberti.
- Should Mr. Ruberti elect not to take health insurance benefits, she shall be entitled to a health insurance buy out in the amount of $2000 in the first year of opting out of the insurance and $1000 in any year thereafter that she does not elect to take health insurance.
- Life Insurance: Mr. Ruberti shall be eligible for term life insurance in the amount of $150,000 maximum coverage provided and paid for by the district.
- Disability Insurance: The District shall pay the cost for Mr. Ruberti’s participation in its group disability insurance policy.
Mr. Ruberti shall be entitled to eighteen (18) personal illness days per year, cumulative to 234 days. In addition, Mr. Ruberti shall also be entitled to four (4) personal days and five (5) serious family illness and/or bereavement days. Serious family illness and/or bereavement days are subject to approval of the Superintendent, and are available for the following relations: spouse, child, brother, sister, parent, grandparent, grandchild, parent-in-law, grandparent-in-law, or any person residing with Mr. Ruberti as a part of the family. Additional days may be granted by the Superintendent on a case by case basis. Unused personal days shall be added to his accumulated sick leave, up to the maximum 234 days. Serious family illness or bereavement days are not cumulative.
Provided he retires directly from the District after ten (10) years of employment as the Assistant Superintendent for Business, Mr. Ruberti shall be entitled to continue participation in the District sponsored health (including prescription coverage) and dental insurance plans. From the time of retirement until the age of sixty-five (65), or a minimum of five (5) years, the District will pay 80% of an individual plan and 70% of two-person or family coverage. After age sixty-five (65), or the minimum five (5) years, the District shall pay 50% of the cost of all plans. This entitlement shall be available only so long as Mr. Ruberti remains retired. Upon his death, Mr. Ruberti’s spouse/eligible dependents may continue coverage under a District plan at 50% of the cost of the plan.
Provided he retires directly from the District after ten (10) years of employment as the Assistant Superintendent for Business, Mr. Ruberti will be entitled to receive payment credit for up to One Hundred Fifty (150) days of his accumulated sick leave at the rate of One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150) per day for a maximum credit amount not to exceed Twenty two thousand five hundred dollars ($22,500). Said credited amount shall be used exclusively for the payment of Mr. Ruberti’s share of health insurance premiums for his health insurance coverage during retirement
Mr. Ruberti shall be evaluated annually by the Superintendent or her/his designee and such evaluation will be presented to Mr. Ruberti no later than June 30th of each school year.