Watch: Grade 8 Moving-Up ceremony; Drive-thru Tuesday, June 16
Congratulations to Draper’s eighth-graders! Though we can’t be together in person, we hope you’ll enjoy this Moving-Up Ceremony video (thanks to Mr. Vacca!)
- Welcome Class of 2024: Mr. Rick Arket
- Pledge of Allegiance: Sara Smith, Student Council Vice President
- Keynote Speaker: Mike Saccocio, director of the City Mission of Schenectady
- Student Council president: Ariana Audette
- Student speaker for 8-1 team: Zoe Miller
- Student speaker for 8-2 team: Abdul Sameer
- Presentation of Class of 2024: Angie Santabarbara, 8th grade guidance counselor
- Distinguished awards
- DAR Awards, presented by Fred Saccocio, Bill Vanwie
- Draper NJHS Leadership Award
- Knights of Pythias Awards
- Debra Male Principal Awards
- Student speaker for 8-1 team: Tim Abbitt
- Student speaker for 8-2 team: Noelle Peitrefesa
- Presentation and acceptance of the Mohonasen High School Class of 2024, Craig Chandler, High School principal
- 8th grade farewell slideshow
Thank you to the PTSO and to all the 8th-grade parents. A special thank to Mendy Varga and Christine McGovern
Our drive-thru will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Draper faculty and staff will be lined up along the Draper bus lane to wave goodbye to the departing Grade 8 class. The drive-thru is intended for current Draper eighth grade families only.
Please consider joining the PTSO and write messages in sidewalk chalk along the drive-thru route on Monday, June 15 from 5 to 8 p.m. You must bring your own sidewalk chalk. All who attend must wear a mask.
Cars must enter via our Curry Road Entrance (Main Entrance). All cars must exit via the Helderberg Ave exit. Families must stay in their cars for the entirety of the drive-thru. Families can arrive at the drive-thru anytime between 9 to 11 a.m. on June 16.
At the end of the drive-thru, the PTSO will take a photo of your child in the car with a picture frame. The school and our Mohonasen Teachers Association have put together a small parting gift for each family at the end of the drive-thru.