Given that this is a fluid and potentially rapidly developing situation, we will use this web page to share information and resources as the circumstances warrant.
Any time-sensitive, critical information will be shared via the district’s School Messenger notification system, which can send e-mails, text messages and phone calls.
School District Updates
- Superintendent Update: March 20, 2020
- Superintendent Update: March 16, 2020
- Superintendent Update: March 13, 2020
- Superintendent Update: March 12, 2020
- Superintendent Update: March 9, 2020
Instructional Online Resources for Students
Please follow the link below for instructional online resources for students:
Meal Pick Up Information and Sign Up Form
Please follow the link below for more information about our meal pick up for students:
Childcare available through YMCA for essential workers
To learn more about childcare through the YMCA for essential workers, click here.
Office of Children and Family Services Childcare
If you are a parent or caregiver who needs child care, please complete this parent need for child care survey. Based on the information you provide about your job, employer, number of children, and financial need, the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) may be able to help you find the child program you need. It may be a challenge to find child care due to COVID-19 related program closures, however the staff at OCFS are trying their best to support families to find the high quality child care that they need. In addition, the OCFS website has several resources available https://ocfs.ny.gov/programs/childcare/
Child Care Resource and Referral Agency
If you are looking for child care, the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency (CCRR) is a great place to start. They will ask you about the kind of care you are looking for, the ages of your children, the hours of care you need and other specifics such as any special needs your child might have. Based on that information, they will be able to give you a list of providers that most closely meet your needs. Please contact:
Brightside Up (formally Capital District Child Care Coordinating Council, Inc.)
Ms. Abbe Kovacik, Executive Director
Menands, NY 12204
Testing Updates for K-12
- NYS assessments for Grades 3-8 are suspended for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. Find what NYS test programs are suspended here.
- AP exams will take place online. Find out more information about AP exams here.
- The state has not issued any guidance on end-of-June Regents exams.
WMHT Public Media Educational Programming Block
WMHT is offering an educational programming block and online resources targeted at students pre-k through 12. For the complete programming schedule, related resources, and additional home learning opportunities, visit wmht.org/homeclassroom
Social and Emotional Resources
- Find resources from the National Association of School Psychologists by visiting their site here.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Coronavirus web page
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Frequently Asked Questions – Prevention
- CDC Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- CDC Travel Information
- CDC Get Your Household Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
New York State Department of Health
NYSDOH Coronavirus Hotline, call 1-888-364-3065 for information about Coronavirus
- NYSDOH Coronavirus web page
- Governor Andrew Cuomo on Twitter
Schenectady County Public Health Services
- SCPHS may be reached by phone: (518) 386-2824 x4
- SCPHS website