Given that this is a fluid and potentially rapidly developing situation, we will use this web page to share information and resources as the circumstances warrant.
Any time-sensitive, critical information will be shared via the district’s School Messenger notification system, which can send emails, text messages and phone calls.
Meal pick-up information
Social, Emotional and Mental Health Resources
- Contact the Mohonasen Social and Guidance Department and view resources to support mental health and emotional well-being.
- Find resources from the National Association of School Psychologists.
Office of Children and Family Services Childcare
If you are a parent or caregiver who needs child care, please complete this parent need for child care survey. Based on the information you provide about your job, employer, number of children, and financial need, the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) may be able to help you find the child program you need. It may be a challenge to find child care due to COVID-19 related program closures, however the staff at OCFS are trying their best to support families to find the high-quality child care that they need.
Child Care Resource and Referral Agency
Brightside Up (formally Capital District Child Care Coordinating Council, Inc.) will ask you about the kind of care you are looking for, the ages of your children, the hours of care you need and other specifics such as any special needs your child might have. They will be able to give you a list of providers that most closely meet your needs. Please contact Ms. Abbe Kovacik, Executive Director:
- Phone: (518) 426-7181, ext. 323
- Fax: (518) 426-9649
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Childcare scholarship available
New York State is using a portion of the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) funds to provide child care to income-eligible essential workers at no cost. Learn how you can apply.
Information about COVID-19
- U.S. Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus and CDC Frequently Asked Questions
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- Information about traveling
- How to get your household ready
- NYSDOH Coronavirus Hotline, 1-888-364-3065
- Governor Andrew Cuomo on Twitter
- Schenectady County Public Health, (518) 386-2824 ext. 4