Tonight’s the night! We look forward to welcoming you to Jericho Drive-In (21 Jericho Rd, Glenmont) as we celebrate the commencement of the Class of 2020.
We have a great show planned for everyone’s enjoyment, starting with the traditional senior slideshow and ending with a fireworks display. For those who are unable to join us in-person this evening, they can join us virtually and almost live via this link beginning at 9:05 p.m.
For those coming to the drive-in, please remember and respect the following:
- Each graduate was provided a ticket for the drive-in ceremony at her/his individual walkthrough. That ticket must be presented upon entry to the drive-in.
- Upon presenting a valid ticket, a Mohon Strong magnet will be placed on each vehicle containing a graduate, compliments of the Mohonasen Teachers Association.
- Parking spaces in the front will be reserved for vehicles branded with the magnet.
- As such, graduates should plan to arrive beginning at 7:30 p.m. and those family vehicles not containing the graduate should arrive beginning at 8:15 p.m.
- A valid ticket is required for entry of any vehicle.
- Graduates and family members are expected to remain in their vehicles/parking spaces for the duration of the ceremony.
- Graduates may choose to wear their senior t-shirts or spirit wear instead of the traditional graduation gown, but all graduates should bring/wear their graduation cap and tassel.
- Those who choose to wear their full graduation regalia should plan to return any sashes or other loaned items on 7/1.
- To provide a seamless and continuous ceremony, all aspects of the ceremony have been pre-recorded but do include the National Anthem performed by Mohonasen students, the alma mater, special music, commencement addresses, the traditional senior slideshow, as well as some other unique and fun surprises.
- The ceremony will begin at approximately 9 p.m. starting with the senior slideshow
- The ceremony will conclude with a fireworks show over the drive-in.
- As Jericho Drive-In has been very generous with their time and space, we would ask that you safely support them in the purchasing of refreshments they will have available.
- Diploma covers are delayed, and will not arrive until after July 1.
- Graduation programs will be available upon arrival.
- All attendees are invited to wear any school pride wear, or black and orange, to help us create a festive atmosphere.