Requirements for graduation can be divided into two categories, credits and exams. Students are required to earn 22 credits, including a mandatory core curriculum of 18.5 credits, in order to graduate. Students also are required to pass a minimum of five New York State Regents Exams. There are additional courses and exam requirements for an Advanced Regents Diploma.
- 4 credits in English
- 4 credits in social studies
- 3 credits in math
- 3 credits in science
- 1/2 credit in health
- 1 credit in world language
- 1 credit in art or music
- 2 credits in physical ed.
Minimum 22 credits
- Minimum score of 65 required on all exams listed below:
- 1 Math Regents
- 1 Science Regents
- 1 Social Studies
- English Regents
AND at least one of the following:
- Humanities Pathway: a second social studies Regents or state-approved alternative
- STEM Pathway: a second science Regents, second math Regents or a state-approved alternative
- Bi-literacy (Language other than English) Pathway: completion of a world language sequence and state-approved world language checkpoint B assessment
- CTE Pathway: completion of a state-approved CTE program and assessment
- Arts Pathway: completion of an arts sequence including a minimum of 54 WBL Hours, Employability Profile, & Career Plan
- CDOS Pathway: completion of 2 credits of CTE, 54 WBL Hours, Employability Profile, & Career Plan
Advanced Regents Diploma
- All of the above exams plus additional tests listed below, with minimum score of 65 required
- 2 additional math Regents exams
- 1 additional science Regents exam
- 4 credits in world language OR a five-unit sequence in art, music, business, technology, family and consumer sciences, or career and technical education (CTE)
- World language Regents exam (if completing a foreign language sequence)
Students who have a 90 or better average for all of their Regents exams will be awarded a “with honors” distinction with their Regents or Advanced Regents Diplomas.
A local diploma is only available to students with disabilities. See our Special Education page for details.