High School Programs and Key Graduation Information
Planning for the Future
- Career, Scholarship and Volunteer Opportunities – Updated Frequently
- College Application Process
- College Prep Timeline
- College Panel for Juniors – January 13, 2022
- College Visits and Interviews
- Recommended Websites
- Entry Level Employment via local business partners
- Schenectady Connects FREE Career Counseling, Resume development, Local Job Postings, Transportation Solutions, Summer Youth Employment
Information and Materials for Students
- Senior Conference Materials
- High School Bell Schedule
- Common Application
- CSS Profile
- Entry Level Employment
Working papers are able to be issued all year. The working paper applications are available in the high school guidance office year round, or you may print the documents below. Please fill out the top two lines of the AT16 document and Part 1 of the AT17 document.
To issue working papers, the school nurse’s office must have a recent physical on file, dated within the last 12 months. If you have any questions, please call the guidance office at 518.356.8320, or email email@example.com.
- Working Papers – Physical Fitness Form (AT-16)
- Working papers – Application for Employment Certificate (AT-17)
Family Connection by Naviance
The Counseling & Career Center is using Family Connection by Naviance, software for career and college exploration.
Students must log on to Naviance using their school username (the one they use to log onto school computers) and the password: notebook. They can change their password once logged in. Parents can log in as a guest for now.
Family Connection is a comprehensive website designed to help parents and students with decisions about courses, colleges and careers. As it is linked with Naviance Succeed, which our office uses to track and analyze data about career and college plans, Family Connection provides up-to-date information that is specific to our school.
The following are just some Family Connection activities:
- Game Plan Survey
- Create a resume’
- Complete an Interest Profiler
- Complete a Personality Assessment
- Start a college search
- Develop a prospective college list
- Access scholarship search engines; more than a hundred national scholarships are available
- Maintain journal entries
- Complete school-developed surveys
- Compare colleges
- Link to selected third-party resources College Board, Financial Aid, NCAA, Careers, College searches, etc.)
- Track deadlines
- View guidance news bulletins
If you have any trouble accessing the documents linked from this page, please contact the Communications Office at 356-8250. The FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded here.