Mohonasen wants to support all students and their parents, which is why all district schools offer a variety of resources from counseling and health services to safety and wellness. Below are a few areas that might be a good place to start.
Family Emergency Support & Counseling Resources
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 518-689-4673
- Ellis Hospital: 518-234-4000
- Samaritan Counseling Center: 518-374-3514
- City Mission of Schenectady: 518-346-2275 ext. 0
- Four Winds: 518-584-3600
- NAMI Schenectady: www.namischenectady.org
Counseling & Guidance Services
The Mohonasen Counseling Department consists of guidance counselors and social workers that serve throughout the entire school district. These individuals work toward the common goal of helping students to be the best they can be.
- High School Counseling & Career Center
- Draper Middle School Guidance Office
- Elementary School Counseling Program
- Social Work Department
Grief and Bereavement Resources
Coping with the loss of a friend or loved one is as challenging for children as it is for adults. Please know that our school will continue to provide support to all of our students and staff in need.
Ongoing counseling and support services for students and staff are available through our Guidance and Counseling Center.
The information below is available to help those struggling with grief or loss.
- How to Help a Grieving Teen
- Helping Teens Cope with Grief
- Communicating with Grieving Teens
- Addressing Grief: Tips for Teachers and Administrators
- Developmental Responses to Grief
- Suicide Prevention Resources
Mohonasen offers breakfast and lunch at all four district schools.
Each Mohonasen school has its own health office.
Safety & Security
Mohonasen has an extensive safety and security program.
Mohonasen offers transportation to and from school, including late buses.
If you have any trouble accessing the documents linked from this page, please contact the Communications Office at 518-356-8250. The FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded here.