Last year, Draper’s “Start with Hello” campaign bridged the gaps between students and encouraged positivity throughout the school — so we’re bringing it back this year! The Sandy Hook Promise-sponsored week started Monday.
Every student at Draper is participating in a classroom lesson on social isolation, empathy, and how to reach out and help students who may be struggling.
Below is an itinerary of events:
- Monday: Wear your “Hello” shirts.
- Tuesday: Random Act of Kindness Day: Staff and students should try to go out of their way to do something nice for someone else.
- Wednesday: All students and staff are encouraged to wear GREEN (and their Start with Hello bracelets) in support of the Sandy Hook community.
- Thursday: Thoughtful Thursday- Students will write a thoughtful note in homeroom to another student or faculty member
- Friday: Students will be playing “Human Bingo” during their lunch periods to get to know more about their classmates. Students and staff are being challenged to say hello (and maybe strike up a conversation with) at least five people that they do not know here at Draper.
Click here for a link to the “Start with Hello” and “Choose Kind: It Matters” online store. Proceeds will benefit Peers for Peace/No Place for Hate.