National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is Saturday, Oct. 26, and aims to provide a safe, convenient and responsible means of disposing prescription drugs and educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications.
Rates of prescription drug abuse the U.S. are alarmingly high. Studies show a majority of abused prescription drugs are obtained from family and friends, including from the home medicine cabinet.
Between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 26, you can dispose of your old prescription drugs at the following locations:
- Town of Niskayuna Town Hall: 1 Niskayuna Circle, Niskayuna, 12309
- Schenectady Police Department: 531 Liberty St, Schenectady, 12305
- Schenectady Co. Sheriffs Office, Sheriff’s Substation: 130 Princetown Plaza, Schenectady, 12306
- Scotia Police Department: 4 N. Ten Broeck St, Scotia, 12302
- Town of Glenville Municipal Center.: 18 Glenridge Rd., Glenville, 12302
- Rotterdam Police Department: 101 Princetown Road, 12306
For more information, please call 518-280-9895.