Rise High is an engaging STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) program for Schenectady and Mohonasen students. Through hands-on experiential learning, the programs promote problem-solving and critical thinking that stimulates the students’ creativity. Students are exposed to a wide variety of careers in technology while learning about other skills that are important to success in a positive environment.
- Engaging Experiences – develop problem-solving, professional and personal skills while having fun learning
- Sustained Exposure – weekly and multi-year opportunity with continuity and stability
- Mentorship – develop relationships with a network including access to professionals in fields of interest
- Cohort Experience – building new friendships and progression together in a safe and supportive environment
Classes are during the school year on Saturday mornings from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The sessions take place primarily at the Mohonasen Center for Advanced Technology. Free transportation is provided from three Schenectady City Middle School locations and free morning snacks and lunch are provided to students.
Fall 2022: 9th, 10th and 11th graders
Spring 2023: 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th graders
Requirements to Apply
- Be a student in a Schenectady or Mohonasen School
- Have an interest in STEM subjects
- Have limited access to financial, social, mentorship, enrichment opportunities, or academic/professional support resources.
Visit www.rise-high.org for more information and to apply. Check the website for the latest updates.