Bradt and Pinewood scientists are invited to take part in the 2nd annual Mohonasen Elementary Science Fair from 5:30-7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018. Check-in and setup take place from 5-5:30 p.m.
Here’s what you need to do to share your project or experiment:
1. Pick a project
- Are you interested in plants, animals, chemistry, or rocks and minerals?
- Do you have a question you want to test out?
- Do you have a cool collection you want to display.
- Find a book about science projects or look online for an idea.
- You can choose any problem to solve, experiment to test, or project to make.
Check out these websites for ideas:
Return the Project Proposal Form to the Bradt or Pinewood office by Tuesday, Jan. 16 and get started on your project!
3. Get some help with your project.
Let us know if you need some help when you submit your proposal form. Provide some details about what support you need: Do you need help with an idea? Do you need materials? Do you need a plan?
Come to Pinewood Cafeteria from 6-7 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 24, and we will provide assistance to get you started on your project.
4. Do your experiment or project.
Prepare your presentation or project and bring it to Mohonasen High School to set up between 5 and 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 8.
Families, students, and community members will be invited to view projects from 5:30-7 p.m.
Students will display their work and talk about their project.
Some helpful hints:
- Science is fun so have fun with this.
- Your science project should be interesting to you.
- This is meant to inspire you as a scientist so take risks!
- Your project doesn’t have to be perfect.
The Science Fair is an experiential, non competitive event designed to inspire curiosity and interest in the scientific method and experimentation. All students that submit a project/ experiment will be recognized for their effort and participation.
Project Proposal Form Information
- Scientists Name
- Teacher’s Name
- Project Title
- Please write a brief description of your project.
- Please note if you will be attending the Extra Help Session from 6-7 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 24 at Pinewood.
If you are attending the Extra Help Session, please describe what you need help with so we can be prepared to provide the necessary assistance. Be as specific as you can be with what you need. Do you need help with an idea or a plan? Do you need help with materials or your presentation? List any materials that you need help acquiring for you project.
Projects should be brought to High School Gym between 5-5:30 for set-up. Please display the title of your project and the name and grade of the scientist who completed the project. Students should plan to present their project and be ready to talk about what they did for their project or experiment!