NYS assessments for Grades 3-8 suspended for remainder of 2019-20 school year
The New York State Board of Regents and state Education Department announced Friday, March 20, that the elementary and intermediate level state assessments for Grades 3-8 have been suspended for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year.
This suspension applies to the following New York state testing programs:
- New York State Grades 3-8 English Language Arts Test
- New York State Grades 3-8 Mathematics Test
- New York State Grade 4 Elementary-Level Science Test
- New York State Grade 8 Intermediate-Level Science Test
- New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT) in Grades K-12
- New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA) for students with severe cognitive disabilities in Grades 3-8 and high school
Please note: The state has not issued guidance on end-of-June Regents exams and The College Board’s Advanced Placement exams.