main content starts hereCompleted K registration due May 1; must include medical info.

| April 8, 2020

Due to the closure of schools, we want to update you about how we have adjusted kindergarten registration. By now, you should have received your packet in the mail, but if you have not you may need to fill out a Census Form. have not please call Registrar Vanessa Gannon at 518-356-8222.

Please note that because we are practicing social distancing, we will not hold in-person registration days or nights.  Please make sure your packet contains all the requested documents prior to sending it in. To be clear, you must include immunizations and physicals with your registration packet.

You may submit your completed registration with all required materials:

  • By mail: District Office, 2072 Curry Road, Schenectady, NY 12303;
  • By email:;
  • By fax: 518-356-8247; or
  • In-person, by dropping it off in the high school main entrance: There will be a bin for your completed registration packets. Please be sure to secure all materials in a sealed envelope labeled with your child’s first and last name and “Kindergarten Registration.”

Registration packets are due by Friday, May 1. Once received, we will call you to schedule a screening appointment. Parents who are not sending their child to school during 2020-21, or who are planning to enroll their child in a non-public school, should notify us in writing or by calling the District Office by May 1.

Residency and registration verification checklist

This is just a reminder to use the verification checklist that was included in your packet to ensure that you have all of the necessary paperwork to complete the registration process. Below is a copy of the checklist if needed. All materials must be dated within the last 30 days and have your name and current address listed.

Parents, please check off which items you have provided and return this checklist with your completed packet.

To prove residency, please provide the following:

  • If you are a homeowner: school taxes, closing papers, or mortgage statement;
  • If you rent: lease and name and phone number for landlord
  • If you are staying/living with someone else: (both forms are required):  A notarized form-homeowner and Notarized form-parent, as well as both Licenses and Registrations for Homeowner and Parent.  Homeowners must provide either taxes, closing paperwork or a mortgage statement, if they rent, a lease must be provided.

To prove identity, please provide the following:

  • License; and
  • Registration.

One of the following:

  • National Grid bill,
  • Cable/Internet bill,
  • Insurance bill,
  • Post Office Change of Address form,
  • Bank statement, or
  • Paycheck stub.

Student Information (ALL Required)

  • Birth Certificate;
  • Immunizations; AND
  • Custody paperwork (if applicable).