Diplomas will be available for pick up from 8 to 10 a.m. and Noon to 2 p.m., Friday, July 2 and Tuesday, July 6, at the High School Auditorium.
To receive your diplomas, you must have paid any outstanding fees and returned the following:
- Chromebook and charger
- Library books
- Graduation sash (e.g.: silver/gold sash, student senate sash, class officer sash)
This message from Principal Chandler regarding graduation details was originally posted on June 17.
Dear Seniors and Parents/Guardians of Seniors,
I look forward to welcoming each of you to the Jericho Drive-In (21 Jericho Rd, Glenmont, NY) on the evening of Thursday, June 24, as we celebrate the achievements of the Class of 2021.
Guidance for graduation ceremonies such as ours has been provided to the school from the governor’s office and the New York State Department of Health. This guidance has dictated certain aspects of our plan for Thursday night, but I am pleased to report that we are fully prepared with a plan to adhere to the guidelines and fully celebrate the Class of 2021.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Each graduate was provided a car magnet for the drive-in ceremony during our Senior Day. That magnet, placed upon the vehicle, serves as your ticket into Jericho Drive-In.
- Parking spaces in the front will be reserved for vehicles branded with the magnet.
- Additional parking passes will be provided for those with extenuating circumstances on a first-come, first-served basis by calling the High School Main Office.
- As such, graduates should plan to arrive beginning at 7:30 p.m. and those family vehicles not containing the graduate should arrive beginning at 8:15 p.m.
- Large vehicles should expect to be parked in the rear and sides of the facility so as not to obstruct the view of others.
Graduates and family members are expected to remain in their vehicles/parking spaces for the duration of the ceremony except when using restrooms or getting concessions.
- Graduates may choose to wear their senior T-shirts or spirit wear instead of the traditional graduation gown, but all graduates should bring/wear their graduation cap and tassel.
- Graduates have already received their diploma covers at Small Group Graduations.
- Actual diplomas will be available for pick up at school from June 23 to 25. More details will be provided as to what specific times and locations.
- Those who choose to wear their full graduation regalia, should NOT return those items on Jun 23 to 25, but rather hold them until July 1. A second collection will take place on July 1 where diplomas will be distributed to those who chose to keep their sashes, etc.
- To provide a seamless and continuous ceremony, all aspects of the ceremony have been pre-recorded but do include the National Anthem performed by Mohonasen students, the alma mater, special music, commencement addresses, the traditional senior slideshow, as well as some other unique and fun surprises.
- The ceremony will begin at approximately 9 p.m.
- The ceremony will conclude with a fireworks show over the drive-in.
- As Jericho Drive-In has been very generous with their time and space, we would ask that you safely support them in the purchasing of refreshments they will have available.
- Graduation programs will be available upon arrival.
- All attendees are invited to wear any school pride wear, or black and orange, to help us create a festive atmosphere.
- If your graduate hasn’t done so already, please have them text “warrior” to 58052 to complete their graduation slide among other things.
As we bring the 2020-21 school year to a close, I want to thank you for your support, and your patience. I am proud of what our staff, our families, and our community have been able to accomplish in these unique and challenging times, and I look forward to celebrating with you on Thursday, June 24.