Thursday, June 25 is the last day for meal distribution this year. However, there are several ways families can continue to receive free meals this summer.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Schenectady Grab and Go Dinners
The Boys & Girls Club has launched a Grab and Go Dinner for children and families in Schenectady County as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
Dinners available Monday – Friday to be picked up between 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the Adeline Wright Graham Clubhouse located at 104 Education Drive in Mont Pleasant next to MP Middle School.
If you are interested in picking up dinners for your family please call to reserve at 518-374-4714. Dinners can be picked up safely on the outside of the facility with curbside service. Drivers and walkers will both be served.
- Address: 512 Smith Street Schenectady NY 12305
During this time of COVID-19, meals will be available for take-out Monday to Friday 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm and Saturday 3 to 4 p.m.
Bagged lunches are still available 24/7 at the Welcome Center (427 Hamilton Street Schenectady NY 12305)
Schenectady County member pantries
The Bridge Food Pantry
- Address: 801 Crane St, Schenectady NY 12303
- Hours: 3rd Wed 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- COVID PROCEDURE: Pre-packed bags given out
- Contact: Rosa Rodriguez
- Office: (518) 878-0632
Salvation Army Schenectady
- Address: 222 Lafayette St, Sch’dy 12305
- Hours: T, W, Th 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- COVID 19 Pantry by appointment ONLY
- Contact: Esther Decena
- Phone: (518) 346-0222 ext. 110
- COVID 19 Procedure: Pre-packed bags given out Mon-Fri 10 a.m. to noon as a grab-and-go situation. Only one meal will be given per day.
- Contact: Esther Decena
- Office: (518) 346-0222
- Fax: (518) 346-0371
- Address: 834 State St, Schenectady 12305
- Hours: 2nd and 3rd Tuesday 9-1 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- COVID 19 No set hours of operation: Open by Appointment ONLY, please call (518) 374-7873 for assistance, leave VM with return call info. Contact: Louise O’Leary
- Office: (518) 374-7873
- COVID 19 Hours: Community Meal program. is CLOSED until further notice
PG Wright Food Pantry
- Address: 2450 Van Vranken Ave,
- Schenectady NY 12308
- Hours: 2nd, 3rd, & 4thnThurs. 9-1 p.m.
- COVID 19 Hours: 2nd, 3rd & 4th Thurs. 9 a.m.-11 a.m. (Limit 20 fa.m.ilies)
- COVID 19 PROCEDURE: Pre-packed; one person in bldg. at a time
- Contact: Louise O’Leary
- Office: (518) 374-7837
Sch’dy Inner City Ministry (SICM)
- 839 Albany St, Schenectady, NY 12307
- Pantry: 518-346-4445
- Contact: Ariel White
- COVID 19 Hours M-W-F 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- COVID 19 PROCEDURE: Serving ONLY one person at a time
- For any Sch’dy County resident/please provide proof of address
- Open M-W-Th-F & 3rd Sat., 9-11:30 a.m. “full visit once per month” Mass Distribution the last Thurs. of each month – 9-11:30 a.m. ID’s required for every fa.m.ily member each visit
- City View Church
- 132 Mohawk Ave. (Rte. 5) Scotia, NY 12302
- Contact: Tim Horn or Kelly Gibbons
- Phone: (518)423-4132/(518)588-8214
- Open to residents of Scotia & Glenville Only – “One visit per month”
- Open Tues 5:30-7p.m. & Fri 9-11a.m.
- ID’s required for every family member
- COVID 19 Hours Open Fri. 9-11 a.m. only.
- COVID 19 PROCEDURE: Pre-packed bags given out, Limited Bldg. access. Clients asked to leave after receiving their bags.
St. Luke’s Food Pantry
- 1243 State St. (Pantry entrance on Division St.) Schenectady, NY 12304
- Open Tues.-Wed.-Thurs. 10a.m.-3p.m.
- Phone: (518) 347-1385
- Must call to make an appointment no later than 8:00 a.m., Clients will leave a VM message that they would like to utilize the pantry, Staff will call back to choose food over the phone and be given day/time of food pick-up.
- COVID-19 Procedure: For food pick up, clients come to the front door, ring the bell and show ID. Food is brought to the vestibule by volunteers and then clients are buzzed into the vestibule to pick up the food.
*Grace and Mercy Ministry Food Pantry
- 1401 State Street, Schenectady, NY
- Open the 1st and 3rd Sat. of each month from 11 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- COVID 19 PROCEDURE: Pre-packed; one person in bldg. at a time.
- Contact: Pastor Ronald Butler
- Phone: (518) 630-8404
- 888 Albany St. Schenectady, NY 12307
- Pantry open 2nd & 4th
- Thursday of month 3-5 p.m.
- COVID 19 Hours: Extended hours 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Pantry held outside/6’ft social distancing
- COVID 19 PROCEDURE: Pre-packed bags
- Phone: (518) 331-6243
- Coffee Shop open Tuesday-Friday 2-5 p.m.
- COVID 19 Hours: Coffee Shop is CLOSED
Lighthouse Food Pantry
- 4780 Duanesburg Rd (5.4 miles from 5 corners) Duanesburg NY, 12056
- COVID 19 Hours: Call to make Appointment Reopening May 15 M-W-F, 4-6 p.m.
- COVID 19 Procedure: One person per family to pick up food.
- Contact: Rose Schoening
- Phone: (518) 355-2277
- Need proof of address.
State Street Food Pantry
- State Street Presbyterian Church
- 5 Catherine St.
- Schenectady, NY, 12307
- COVID 19 Hours: CLOSED until May 19th
- Contact: Minnie
- Phone: (518) 709-9268
- Open: Mon, Tues, Wed 12:30-3 p.m. or until run out.
- “Clients can come monthly”
St. Paul the Apostle
- St. Vincent de Paul Society
- 2777 Albany St. Schenectady, NY
- COVID 19 Hours: CLOSED until further notice
- Call for Reservation (518) 377-8886
- New phone no: (518) 346-6189
Trinity Baptist Church
- 2635 Balltown Rd., Niskayuna, NY 12309
- First and third Thursday at 6 p.m.
- Please use back entrance of the building
- Phone: (518) 393-2506
Bellevue Reformed Church Little Free Food Pantry
- 2000 Broadway, Schenectady, NY 12306
- Open 24/7, Please come and take whatever food you need from the cabinet the No ID/paperwork needed
- Phone: (518) 393-1341
Bra.m.an Food Pantry
- 7963 State Route 30 (at Bra.m.an Corners) Delanson, NY 12053
- Every Wed 5-7 p.m. &Thurs 1-3 p.m.
- COVID Hours: No change
- COVID 19 PROCEDURE: Food is brought outside to the parking lot. Once a month visit has been lifted during the pandemic.
- Contact: Judith Warner
- Phone: (518) 875-6762
- Or by appointment
- “Once Per Month”
Our Lady of Fatima Pantry
- 1735 Alexander Road
- Delanson, NY 12053
- Contact: Laura Countryman
- Phone: (518) 895-2788
- Duanesburg, Delanson, Quaker Street,
- Esperance and Mariaville areas only.
- By appointment Only.
- “Once Per Month”
Villa Fusco Food Pantry
- 955 Balltown Rd. Niskayuna, NY 12309
- Contact: Sr. Caroline
- Phone: (518) 377-1613
- Open on the third Sat. every month, 12-2 p.m. Please call on Thurs. or Fri. before the third Sat. for appointment
Messiah Lutheran Bread of Life Food Pantry
- 2850 Guilderland Ave.
- Schenectady, NY 12306
- 3rd Mon. of every month, 9-12 p.m.
- 4th Mon. of every month, 5-8 p.m.
- 3rd Sat. of every month, 9-12 p.m.
- * Starting January 25, 2020
- “By appointment only”
- COVID 19 Hours: By Appointment ONLY
- Call Phone: (518) 374-5104
- COVID 19 PROCEDURE: Client choice by clipboard, Drive up service delivered to guests remaining in their vehicles.
- Contact: Judith Becker
- Phone: (518) 374-5104
- Pickup Meals: M-F 5-6:00 p.m.