STEP (Student Travel and Exchange Program) is still seeking host families from the Mohonasen Central School District Community to welcome an exchange student from Spain this summer between July 3 and July 28. Three female students are still in need of host families at this point in time.
Students arrive with:
- Their own health insurance and travel documents
- Spending money
- Eagerness to practice and improve their English skills and to learn about life in the United States
Host family responsibilities:
- Provide a caring home away from home
- Provide room and board (can share a room with same-gender child)
- Provide transportation to nearby STEP group activities in the Capital Region or drop-off locations for field trips
- Provide a unique experience for a foreign student to experience life in an American family
Host families gain:
- A great foreign culture experience for children and adults
- An opportunity to practice and learn Spanish, Euskera, and possibly French or Italian
- A new son or daughter who is eager to meet you and new lifelong international friends
- An opportunity to communicate with your exchange student and his/her family prior to arrival in the US
Families interested in hosting can find more information at the STEP website, and can reach out to Maria S. Pacheco at (518) 312-8251 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kelvin S. Sapp at (518) 894-5716 or email@example.com.