STEP (Student Travel and Exchange Program) is seeking host families from the Mohonasen Central School District Community to welcome an exchange student from Balboa, Spain this summer between July 3 and July 28. Students aged 14-18 will arrive in the Capital Region this summer, and STEP is looking to link exchange students with caring host families.
Students arrive with:
- Their own health insurance and travel documents
- Spending money
- Eagerness to practice and improve their English skills and to learn about life in the United States
Host family responsibilities:
- Provide a caring home away from home
- Provide room and board (can share a room with same-gender child)
- Provide transportation to nearby STEP group activities in the Capital Region or drop-off locations for field trips
- Provide a unique experience for a foreign student to experience life in an American family
Host families receive a great cultural experience, an opportunity to practice Spanish, a low commitment fun-filled month and a new friend from Spain.