main content starts hereFood Service Program

Summer meal assistance options

Nutritious free meals are available for children and teens 18 and younger at many locations throughout the nation throughout the summer while school is out of session.

To find meals and sites in the community, please visit the USDA’s Summer Meal Finder website, call 2-1-1 or 1-866-3-HUNGRY, or text “FOOD” to 877-877. Please note sites can be added throughout the summer.

About free and reduced meals

To all families who are receiving free or reduced-price school meals, please be aware that you must submit a new application each school year. You must reapply yearly to continue receiving these benefits.

Please submit your application by email to, or by fax to (518) 356-8294. You can also send it in with your child to give to the cashier in the cafeteria. Download a print-friendly application.

If no application is submitted, your student(s) will be charged full price. Elementary lunch is $2.75, and middle school and high school lunches are $3.25. Elementary breakfast is $1.00, middle school breakfast is $1.50 and high school breakfast is $1.75.

If you receive a letter from Mohonasen Food Service in September stating that your student is directly certified for free school meals then no application is needed this school year.

If you are not currently receiving these benefits, you may apply at any time during the school year if your income is reduced or the size of your household increases.

If you have any questions, please contact the Food Service Department at (518) 356-8225.


Parents can save money by prepaying for meals using PayPAMS. Children earn one free lunch for every 20 that are paid for in advance. The cost for the prepaid plan is $55 for 21 elementary lunches and $65 for 21 lunches at the middle and high school. Parents can send payment to school with their child, mail a check to the Mohonasen Food Service Program, 2072 Curry Road, Schenectady, NY 12303, or pay online at Children are given a pin number to type into a computer keypad as they go through the cafeteria line and the cost of the meal is automatically deducted from their account. Cafeteria workers help remind students when their account is getting low. Personal Identification Numbers may not be used to purchase snack items. This system helps parents control how kids spend their lunch money and cuts down on the number of kids who lose their lunch money. Parents of students using the prepay policy may also obtain a copy of account activity showing which days students purchase meals.

PayPAMS now has a Mobile App for smart phones

Download the app by searching for PayPAMS on your phone and log in with your PayPAMS username and password. Once the app is installed, you will be able to make payments, and view meal account balances, cafeteria purchases and the last three payments on your child’s meal account all on your phone. Questions about PayPAMS, call the food service office at 518.356.8225 or visit

Non-discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)     mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)     fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)     email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

If you have any trouble accessing the documents linked from this page, please contact the Communications Office at 356-8250. The FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded here.