District officials outlined the proposed 2018-19 school budget during a public hearing on Monday, May 7. Residents also heard from four candidates who are vying for three seats on the Board of Education, during the Meet the Candidates Night event.
The candidates, in the order they will appear on the ballot on Tuesday, May 15, are Morgan Beach, Pamela Young, Wade Abbott, and Patrick Ryan
- Read more about the Board of Education candidates.
- View a video of the May 7 Meet the Candidates Night.
The seats on the Board of Education are three-year terms that begin on July 1, 2018.
Also on May 15, Mohonasen residents will vote on a $53.1 million budget proposed for the 2018-19 year. Under the proposal, spending for next school year would increase by 4.17 percent while keeping the tax levy increase at 3.21 percent, which is at the district’s limit – or cap – as calculated by the state formula. Residents will also decide on a bus purchase proposition.
- Read more about the proposed budget.
- View the May 7 budget hearing video.
- View or download a copy of the budget PowerPoint presentation, which is referenced in the budget hearing video.
Voting takes place on Tuesday, May 15 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the high school gym.