Chromebook Student and Parent Agreement
The goal of the Mohonasen 1: 1 Chromebook Initiative is to provide each student in grades 6-12 the opportunity for regular, equitable access to the digital tools and resources that will allow students to be successful learners both in and outside of the classroom. To achieve this goal, each grades 6-12 student will be provided a Chromebook so that they can expand their learning opportunities while at school and beyond the walls of the school building.
Individual school Chromebooks and accessories (charger and case) must be returned to the Mohonasen School District at the end of each school year. Students whose enrollment is withdrawn or terminated at Mohonasen for any reason must return their individual school Chromebook on the date of termination. If a student fails to return the Chromebook at the end of the school year or upon termination of enrollment at Mohonasen, the student will pay the replacement cost of the Chromebook and/or accessories. Failure to return the Chromebook will result in a theft report being filed with the proper authorities. If the Chromebook or any accessories are returned in damaged or otherwise unsatisfactory condition, a fee will be assessed to cover the repair or replacement of the device(s).
- Mohonasen CSD 1: 1 Chrome book Guide.
- Student Use of Computerized Information Resources Acceptable Use Policy.
Cost: There is no cost to receive the Chromebook
- Damage to a device that is beyond repair may result in responsibility for full replacement of the device.
- Lost, stolen, or questionable damage will be reviewed by the administration on a case-by-case basis to determine fees.
- Recurring instances of damage will be reviewed by administration on a case-by-case basis and may result in withholding of a replacement for a length of time to be determined due to circumstances surrounding the damage and/or need for a replacement.
- Inappropriate use of the device violating either the Student Use of Computerized Information Resources Acceptable Use Policy or District Code of Conduct may result in the loss of device privileges and/or school disciplinary consequences.
- Students will be charged for missing items or for damage beyond repair. (Power cord= $35, Device= $250).