main content starts hereOdor at CAT building resolved

| May 16, 2018

This morning at approximately 9 a.m., a gas odor was detected in the Large Group Instruction room at the Center for Advanced Technology (CAT) building. It was determined the smell was coming from a rooftop heating unit. All power to the rooftop unit was immediately disconnected. Several students who were in the room at the time were moved to a different classroom as a precautionary measure.

It was determined that the rooftop heating unit had failed to ignite when temperatures dropped overnight. The odor was a residual smell resulting from that failure to ignite. At no point was there gas actively leaking into the building, and no other classrooms were affected by this incident. A technician has been called to ensure there are no issues with the unit.

If you have any further questions, please contact CAT Principal Lisa Carnibucci at 518-356-8461.