main content starts hereAcceptable Proofs of Residency

The following are acceptable proofs of residency for the Mohonasen Central School District. These documents must be dated within the past 30 days and have your name and current address.

One of the following items

  • If you are a renter, a current lease, which includes the landlord’s name, address and telephone number.
  • If you are a renter without a current lease, a notarized letter form the landlord with the landlord’s name, address and phone number stating who is residing at the residence with a current rent receipt.
  • If you are a homeowner, current school taxes or a copy of your mortgage statement.
  • If you are moving in with someone else, that individual must provide one of the documents listed above as well as be present at the time of registration to sign an affidavit, which you will need to do also. Make sure you bring your license or photo ID so the office may notarize the affidavit.


  • License and car registration with name and current address

PLUS, one of the following items

  • Utility bill
  • Post Office Change of Address form
  • Bank and/or credit union account
  • Voter registration card
  • Income tax forms
  • Homeowner/renter’s insurance
  • State or other government issued identification
  • Certificate of Occupancy issued by the Town of Rotterdam
  • Current paycheck stub showing home address
  • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies