Author James Preller will visit Pinewood in March, and families interested in participating in a family writing workshop on March 8 with Mr. Preller are encouraged to register early.
Please note there is no fee for this workshop; however, because there is a 20-family limit, those who sign up are asked to honor their commitment to attend.
A copy of the registration form was sent home with students. You can also send the following information to the Pinewood Library:
- Pinewood child(ren) name(s)
- Names and ages of siblings who will attend (siblings must be at least 7 years old)
- Name of parents/adult family members who will attend
- Contact email and phone
All students will meet with Mr. Preller during the day. Students can purchase copies of several of Mr. Preller’s books in advance, including:
- The Courage Test (paperback, $8): Will is forced to go on a long car ride with his Dad, following in the path of Lewis and Clark. This realistic fiction book is packed with lots of action including bears, dogs, strangers, and finding out secrets about his own family. Recommended for grades 4-7
- Better Off Undead (hardcover, $17): Adrian is the only dead person in his middle school. He needs to stay hydrated so he doesn’t crumble. Ads for companies light up the sky, drones spy on him, and kids tease in this science fiction tale about a boy trying to live his life while not alive. Recommended for grades 4-7
- The Case of The Best Pet Ever (paperback, $5): This Jigsaw Jones book is the latest in the mystery series. Written at a level N, this lower level book is a realistic mystery for animal lovers.
An order form was sent home with students. Please indicate which book(s) you are purchasing and include your child’s name and classroom teacher; send cash or check payable to Mohonasen Schools to Mrs. Holland at Pinewood Library. Prices include tax, and all orders must be placed by Thursday, Feb. 8.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Holland, Pinewood Librarian, at email@example.com or (518) 356-8438.